Wild Mushroom Gravy
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces of mushrooms sliced (chef’s choice!)
- 3 shallots finely sliced, 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups low-sodium mushroom or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup red wine ( or extra broth)
- ¼ cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, salt to taste.
Heat oil in a skillet on a medium heat. Sautee garlic and onions for 5 minutes. Add your choice of mushrooms and spices. Sautee another 5 minutes. In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce and tapioca or arrowroot flour to form a thick paste. Add mixture to skillet whisking constantly to make sure paste dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil and cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. Add pepper and serve gravy hot.
My mission is to empower individuals to take care of their health by adopting simple lifestyle changes so they can live healthier, happier lives.